Saturday, January 06, 2007

White Christmas?


Yeah! I spent my Christmas in France. It's the first time in my life to experience Christmas during the winter season, like in the fairy tales. No more warm and rainy Singapore, no more street busking trying to sell balloons to the Christmas shopping crowd in Orchard. I had even spent Christmas once before in Melbourne - a true summer Christmas, bright, sunny and terribly hot.


The burning question from my friends is: so did you have a white Christmas? Much as the photos here suggest, the landscape was hardly white, due to unusually thin snow during this early winter. It did not snow at all and we had to go high into the mountains to enjoy the snowy landscape.


The countryside in the early morning was also surprisingly "frosty", giving a very nice feel of a white Christmas, but the ice shied away within hours from the warmth of the mid-day sun.

No comments:

 
visits