Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Hiking for real

I've been an experienced "hiker" of concrete jungles, with real stamina for indulging in every female Singaporean's favourite pastime of shopping. Alas, the training I've received at Orchard Road is way insufficient in preparing me for my first hike with my bf's family.

It was an introductory hike for me, so it was expected to be easy. The plan was to hike at a plateau beside "La Meije", one of the highest mountain in the Rhone Alps. The idea was, after reaching the peak of the plateau (which is not very high by French standard), the road will be pretty flat and we will reach a lake. The whole adventure would last only around 3-4 hours.


The choice of hike is perfect, with a wonderful scenery to die for, which I almost did (in a way).

The reality: within short while, I was already having difficulty keeping with the rest of the group (which includes 1 grandmother and another young lady, both with an injured foot). :-P




Difficult it may be, all the sweat and pain has not gone to waste. La Meije is so beautiful that I couldn't resist taking photos after photos of it.

No comments:

 
visits