Friday, June 16, 2006

Krabi beaches

I love beach holidays.

It's an irony cos:
1. I don't swim well (having acquire the skills only in adulthood);
2. I am not water confident, so don't fancy swimming in the sea;
3. I get seasick easily, even by just snorkelling in choppy waters;
4. I can't dive (yet);
5. I don't fancy barbequeing myself under the scorching sun.

My aim is to search for the perfect dream beach. I've started this search by going for beach holidays as much as I can, beginning with our neighbours, esp M'sia and Thailand.



Krabi currently ranks quite highly in my ranking of beaches. Phranang beach really scores for its dramatic landscape and fine clean sand and crystal clear water. It certainly helps that there's only 1 bloody expensive hotel fronting this beach, thereby preventing the place from becoming noisy and messy. A pity the corals surrounding the area is not too impressive. But definitely a romantic place to catch the sunset, or to watch hunks scaling the steep cliffs. Railay West is nice as well.

I'm definitely coming back to this place. There's so much things to do and feel there that I've not even had the time to explore other nearby islands like Phi Phi and Ko Lanta.

No comments:

 
visits