Friday, June 16, 2006

Kukup

Another sleepy place to do nothing and be lazy.




Catch the sunrise and sunsets. Watch the tide comes and goes. Observe the clouds paint the sky as you waste your time away.

It's a place where time almost comes to a standstill and you can do everything in slow motion.

It's also another place to reclaim my childhood memories. I can still vaguely remember my family trip here in search of seafood. Also tucked in a small corner of my mind is a school trip where I bought keropos home.



Seafood is aplenty there though I suspect the price is inflated by the Singaporean food hunters. What I like about the food options here are the family-run hawker stalls operating right at the verandas of these houses on stilts in this tiny fishing village. Another cheap and yummy option.



The villagers (and tourists) should seriously get into action to retain the rustic charm of this place. They have no qualms about throwing rubbish into the sea at their doorsteps and doing their washing and letting all the detergents flow into the water. It's a miracle that fishes still survive here.

No comments:

 
visits