Wednesday, June 21, 2006

LV vs another holiday

I came back from another fabulous holiday to Siem Reap, which set me back by $600.

The following week, I was at a chit chat tea session with my girlfriends when A started showing us her new trophy buy: a new LV handbag, proudly bought at a discounted price of $600.

Seeing the look of disgust in my face, A retorted: "How much did you just spend on your holiday again, my dear? My bag can last me more than 2 years. And yours? Gone in 4 days!"

My god, the most expensive bag I ever owned was a 40 litres backpack that cost $90, and I would hesitate to buy even a $60 handbag. And she has just added another expensive buy to her not so cheap collection. Of course, I love bags, just as I love holidays. But not enough to spend so much on something that I'm likely to get sick of after a while.

So give me $600 now, I'll rather spend it on another holiday.

Give me an LV bag? Thanks but no thanks. I think my holiday experience can last me a memory of a lifetime.

No comments:

 
visits